The AUSTIN HEALEY CLUB Device is used under licence by Austin Healey Club Limited from MG Rover Group Limited


Southern Counties History

The first Healey Club was formed as The Healey Drivers Club in 1955 for owners of Warwick Healeys - Silverstones, Tickfords, Abbotts, Elliotts etc.

The badge of the original Southern Counties Sprite Club founded in 1959

This was followed by the first club for Sprites formed in 1959 at the instigation of Raymond Baxter, Doug Worgan and Derek ‘Willey' Williams and was named the ‘The Southern Counties Sprite Club'.This was quickly joined by others including the Eastern and Northern Sprite Clubs.

In 1969 BMC ceased to support the Club and the limited company was wound up and control passed back to the Healey family until it became too large for them to operate under the current system. Centres were given control of their own finances and administration, provided that they agreed to set up an overall control body known as the National Executive Committee (NEC).

It was not until 1979 that the Austin-Healey Club Limited was reborn in its current form, with 7 regional centres running events in their own areas and later HDI being formed to run the competition side nationally, all overseen by the NEC. The first NEC meeting was chaired by Doug Worgan from Southern Counties Centre.

During the 1970's and 1980's under the direction of the NEC all the Centres experienced rapid growth in numbers and finances.

Today, the Southern Counties Centre is thriving, with over 200 members. Members enjoy a program of events organised throughout the season, can meet other members at monthly "noggins" and recieve the monthly National magazine Revcounter plus the Southern Counties newsletter "Ten Tenths."
























Disclaimer. All information on these pages is believed to be accurate and is provided in good faith, however no legal responsibility can be accepted by the AHC Southern Counties or the webmaster for any loss or damage caused due to the information provided.